Saturday, May 2, 2015

To Post or Not to Post?

No comments    
categories: ,

http://www.blahcultural.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/wattpad-imagem1.jpg 

Hey, guys. I need your help. Lately I've been thinking of posting my work on Wattpad. They're just some of the novels I've written over the past couple of years, mostly in the Young Adult area, leaning more towards the romance and sci-fi genres.  I've heard and read that some Wattpad writers have gotten publishing deals from the views their works have received, and while that sounds exciting, what I really want is feedback from readers. Only very few people have read my novels, partly because I'm choosy with who gets to read them. However, I've realized that for me to improve, I need to hear what actual readers think. 

But here's the thing: I'm also afraid of posting because I don't know what security I can get. I accept that my work isn't 100% perfect and that I'd be too pretentious if I would say that it's the kind of thing that people would "steal", but I feel like my ideas are my babies, and I don't know what I'd do if something ever happened to them like, I don't know, if someone stole them. I'm just extremely overprotective.

So what do you think? Should I post or not? Do you read/use Wattpad, and if so, what can you say about the site? Your response will mean so much to me. Thank you so much.

0 comments:

Post a Comment